I am such a sucker for an eclectic design scheme. Getting it right is so hard! When it is done correctly, it looks as though the apartment has been curated for years, but if it is done incorrectly, it will be a disastrous mess. I recently came upon a beautifully decorated apartment in New York’s Dumbo neighborhood. Designer and blogger Athena Calderone did an amazing job with the uber chic apartment that she shares with her husband and young son. She truly has a zest in her decor and I am in absolute envy of this apartment. Who wouldn’t be?!
Looking angelic in a 3.1 Philip Lim gown
I absolutely adore the tufted velvet sofa paired with the rustic wood console and zebra rug.
Simple clean lines make this kitchen timeless.
The lucite stairs are such an amazing touch.
How cute is she?!
Thanks for reading!
Winter may be approaching, but springy hues will rule next year according to color authority Pantone. According to Pantone’s website, “Radiant Orchid blooms with confidence and magical warmth that intrigues the eye and sparks the imagination. It is an expressive, creative and embracing purple—one that draws you in with its beguiling charm. A captivating harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid emanates great joy, love and health.”
Pantone has a profound effect on trends in both fashion and home design. Here are a few ways you may see Radiant Orchid pop up over the next year.
- pantone’s color of the year for 2014: radiant orchid (burnettsboards.com)
- Pantone 2014 Color of the Year (poetictwist.wordpress.com)
- Pantone Picks ‘Radiant Orchid’ as 2014′s color of the year (livingfiesta.com)
- Radiant Orchid, the Color of 2014 (letstalkcosmetics.wordpress.com)
- seeing orchid in 2014 (meccinteriors.wordpress.com)
- Pantone Color of the Year 2014 (tulletales.com)