Good morning! It has been a whole week since I posted last and so much has gone on since then! For the holidays, I was fortunate enough to spend it in Indiana with my entire family. It was great being with loved ones and reconnecting with old friends. For the New Year, I was able to spend a few days down in warm south Florida with good friends. Now, I am back in New York, just in time for a huge winter storm! Anyhow, yesterday was a day of reflection and forward thinking for me. With the changes in my life in 2013, I really wanted to put some thought into what made me happy and what did not and to make a pledge to do and think more positive in 2014. Here are some great quotes that I came across that struck a chord with me and hopefully they will help you to think more positive as well! Happy New Year and all the best to come!
- 12 New Year’s Quotes of Hope to Ring in 2014 (thestir.cafemom.com)
Happy Friday! This weekend I am planning to purchase and decorate my Christmas tree so I thought I would share some of my holiday decor inspiration with you. I have always been a fan of white and metallic decor as this color scheme seems very chic and sophisticated. Here are some of my favorite photos. All via Pinterest!
Have a great weekend!
- Pinterest Holiday Decor Inspiration (yourstyleforecast.com)
- Christmas Inspiration: Twinkle, Twinkle, Silver & Gold (thecandydiva.com)
Winter may be approaching, but springy hues will rule next year according to color authority Pantone. According to Pantone’s website, “Radiant Orchid blooms with confidence and magical warmth that intrigues the eye and sparks the imagination. It is an expressive, creative and embracing purple—one that draws you in with its beguiling charm. A captivating harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid emanates great joy, love and health.”
Pantone has a profound effect on trends in both fashion and home design. Here are a few ways you may see Radiant Orchid pop up over the next year.
- pantone’s color of the year for 2014: radiant orchid (burnettsboards.com)
- Pantone 2014 Color of the Year (poetictwist.wordpress.com)
- Pantone Picks ‘Radiant Orchid’ as 2014′s color of the year (livingfiesta.com)
- Radiant Orchid, the Color of 2014 (letstalkcosmetics.wordpress.com)
- seeing orchid in 2014 (meccinteriors.wordpress.com)
- Pantone Color of the Year 2014 (tulletales.com)
The time of year is upon us when our calenders fill with holiday soirees! If you are hosting during the holiday season, you are most likely beginning to plan out the details including the table decor. Here are my top product picks to create a chic, modern and beautiful tabletop.
Regina Andrew Shagreen Tray $248 http://www.zincdoor.com
Kate Spade Dot Larabee Flutes $50 http://www.katespadeny.com
Rablabs quadrado serving set of 2 $132 http://www.zincdoor.com
Kiva Rose Quartz platter http://www.zincdoor.com
Have a great Thanksgiving week!